brockwell alumni and pintage with a rasberry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
hiya chaps, was wondering as vandeen had mentioned, who fancies a beer or 20 ? i'm easy anytime but was wondering if this weekend was any good? problems may arise for our brethren below the 55 parallel. so with this in mind i thought maybe a bbq on a suitably lonesome beach in a few weeks time, more of an opportunity to cuddle chris as he was the man of the hour those weeks past. :grouphug:

so in summary ;

this weekend for 55th parallel pintage :beerchug:

and in a few weeks for sub 55 BBQ :campfire:

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Now, if I wasn't as poor as a church mouse that's just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese, then I'd come along, but I am. :(

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
This weekend is no good for me unfortunately as the parentile units are visiting. I will be spoiled for the weekend, f*^k yeah.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Weekend is a knacker job for me too, but......

Have seconded 4 wheel 5 seat transport for Thursday evening if you're up it.
Quite happy to play non drinking chaufeur/driver untill about 22:00 ish.

Merry can pick you up on the way down to N Shields from Gossy if you're free?
Someone could maybe even stick a compass and map in & we'll give you your first navigation lesson, how to find the bar :lmao:

Jamie, whats the Tynemouth Lodge Hotel like these days? Still decent beer? Or any other sugestions in your localle?

Chris R, offer of a free ride down & back is there & remember I'll not be drinking more than one + a coke or two either :(
If you need to escape the four walls just drop me a PM & we'll sort it out.

Anyone else up for a Thursday eve pint down the coast area?

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
thursday is cool, i am a captive audience and my dance card is quite empty :)
tynemouth lodge is still decent, but the dolphin is better. its run by a pair of ageing queens, who as well as being lovely chaps are comedy gold if you catch them when they are moaning :BlueTeamE

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Merry I should be OK to leave Gossy at 18:50 - 19:00 latest, if we cant persuade Chris_R to come along I should be able to be at Walker Road max 20 Mins. PM me a mobi number & Postcode & house number or a meeting point & I'll give you a buzz when nearly there.

Jamie, do you mean the "New Dolphin" or the "Dolphin Inn",

The "Dolphin Inn" hasn't had the best of reviews lately:-

"On 07-9-2011 colliedog said : "First impressions of this place was a fairly friendly face who stank of cigs, the floor in the bar was sticky so were the tables, we had a drink and there was lipstick on the wife's glass. Ordered a rump steak and it came very quickly, but it was a slice of topside beef which I asked to be med / rare and it was very well done, the chips tasted of very well used grease ( #### ), the so called salad was all wilted and disgusting . and it was not cheap, far to expensive. My opinion , Sack the chef and the bar staff, pressure wash the whole place , re-employ nice staff who don't smoke and start all over again. No star rating for this ####hole ."

Jamie also could do with contact details for you & house No again, I've only got Catherines mob.

You've both got PM

Nathan, be good to see you again on the right side of the river :) you've already got my details in the Brockwell PM if we haven't got a venue sorted on here just give me a buzz on the O2 number when you're north of the river & I'll let you know where we are.

Any more for a pint?

:BEER: :)

Last edited:

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
the dolphin i be referring to is NOT the one on the fish quay, it be the up the road from tynemouth golf club and i have never noticed if it stank of smoke but its usually heaving and stinking of dogs at the weekend.
dog friendly pub and reg the landlord is happy to tell punters to sling their hook if they moan about said doggies, customer service turned on its head :)
although another good pub is the tap and spile, i'm easy :)

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Promise I'll try harder next time.

No worries mate, hopefully next time indeed.

Looks like just the three of us 'north siders' then, + maybe Nathan. Everything going to plan so far so will see you soon.

Merry could still do with a postcode and door number text for the sat nav, it's quite a long road that.

L8r

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE