Broadband woes

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its slow!

How do I improve my access? I use a Mifi, which is very good...provided you have decent coverage.

I am on the edge, even though on a hill.

What do I do? Im going mad.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Its slow!How do I improve my access? I use a Mifi, which is very good...provided you have decent coverage.I am on the edge, even though on a hill.What do I do? Im going mad.
See if you are in the cathment area for one of the schemes and you can get £500 towards a larger system that has greater range and speed, ive had clients with no signal on the ground had one put on roof and are getting 50mb. you will have a monthly cap tho, same rates as with mifi.http://www.wiltshireonline.org/index.php/broadband-rollout/better-broadband-schemewessex internet are cheap as they use a long range wifi rather than satellite or mobile.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Worth remembering that the signal between your laptop and the 4G dongle will be wifi so should have a decent range. By that I mean you dont need to have the dongle next to your laptop so get it in an upstairs room at which ever of the building you get better signal. The wifi signal between the dongle and your laptop is less likely to be a bottleneck than dongle to phone mast.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE