British Summer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nalsheen

Forager
Apr 17, 2010
North West England
Im currently sat in the garden with an ice cream because its sunny and a bowl of porridge because its not very warm.
Anyone else got some classic British summertime weather?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nope, I'm in France so we'll got typical Normandy weather, cold and drizzly. Gonna write to the Mayor and lodge a complaint next week if this continues!

That's why William came over with his mates, is was a damp bank holiday in Normandy, he looked over the water and thought, mon Dieu Sunshine

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I remember back when I was stationed there for five years. I only got to see the British Summer three of those years; The other two years I was deployed elsewhere during thoses three weeks ;)

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
It's was reading 17 degrees this morning after I finished my ranger duty an that was at 12! It's lovely and sunny here and hardly a cloud to be seen.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's was reading 17 degrees this morning after I finished my ranger duty an that was at 12! It's lovely and sunny here and hardly a cloud to be seen.

17? That's about 62f. Still waaaay too cold to be considered Spring, let alone Summer. It's not proper Summer until the temps get at or above 27c (80f) at the very least.

LOL. Joking aside, I do remember the temps (in the Cotwolds at least) getting to at least 85f while I was there.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Bloominhell 80f here Santaman whilst being a miracle would also be called a heatwave and all the tabloids would show girls on a beach splashing in the sea(which would be absoloutley freezing)id be happy with a summer hitting early 70's.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Summer doesn't start until June anyway. Stop moaning. Call yourselves bushcrafters?

Get out there and enjoy it anyway. That's what we buy all this kit for.

:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Too right. No such thing as bad weather, just bad preparation:)

Summer doesn't start until June anyway. Stop moaning. Call yourselves bushcrafters?

Get out there and enjoy it anyway. That's what we buy all this kit for.

:D

Especially when I worked outdoors predominantly you got so you didn't notice the weather, you just dressed appropriately and didn't expect to be dry all day - but were comfortable. I like the change in weather, animals and plants react differently and new light lets us see things differently.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bloominhell 80f here Santaman whilst being a miracle would also be called a heatwave and all the tabloids would show girls on a beach splashing in the sea(which would be absoloutley freezing)id be happy with a summer hitting early 70's.

LOL. That's why I remember it so well; the locals and news media seemed to think it was hot. It was in Augut though IIRC.

It hit 91f (over 32c) here today and it's not really near what it will be later in the real Summer. It'll regularly be that hot at midnight then and daytime temps will be over 100f (37.8c)

Last edited:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
It was 17C here today and that's too bloody hot for me. We went directly from winter to summer, no spring, so no time to become acclimatized.

Santaman, I would take -20C any day of the week over 91F. And yes, I am serious.:)

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Spent all day yesterday with just shorts and crocs on - we nearly ran out of Sun cream and had the bbq lit by 10:30!

10k run in Manchester today so hopefully its not too warm!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE