British Blades Forum - down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Has it gone again?

Afraid so. None of us remaining mods or admins know or are kept informed of what's going on, but an admin is trying to contact Martin, the owner to try and discover what is going on. Previous experience suggests you shouldn't be holding your breath. :(

Last edited:

Griffo32

Apr 6, 2010
Southampton
Do you think it will be back or is this it this time! Shame if that's it. Very frustrating, I was minutes away from completing a very good sale!

banksy

Jan 12, 2010
Somerset
Afraid so. None of us remaining mods or admins know or are kept informed of what's going on, but an admin is trying to contact Martin, the owner to try and discover what is going on. Previous experience suggests you shouldn't be holding your breath. :(

Not meant to be a loaded question - I'm genuinely interested, but what do you get out of moderating a forum like BB?
I can see the hassle, but what are the benefits?

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
It's a shame, it was a great forum when I first joined back in 2013. Now, too many technical issues lasting far longer than exceptable because there's not enough input from the owner. I very much doubt I will renew again in its current condition.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Not meant to be a loaded question - I'm genuinely interested, but what do you get out of moderating a forum like BB?
I can see the hassle, but what are the benefits?

As you can see, some of the staff have stepped down and that I guess partly answers your query, but from a personal point of view and like others I've invested many years on BB and it has a pretty much unrivalled archive of information that I'd hate to see disappear. With a very few exceptions the BB members are also an honest and likeable bunch who also value the forum and I think I speak for most of us when I say that keeping BB a safe and amicable place is what has so far kept us going. Well, that and the behind the scenes mutual p***taking and camaraderie between the mods! :)

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Quite a few of the problems I'd lay at VBulletin's door. They've kept updating the software so it'd run on more recent versions of PHP, but neglected the security side of things. Which was the cause of the exploit that was used that caused the security warning.

It's definitely old and crusty software by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE