british army windproof smock in black ,do they exist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
ive been looking at the black ripstop hooded mod plod combat jackets, but im wondering do they do the standard windproof smock in black as well.
have seen some on the bay which look a bit dubious advertised as genuine but i am always worried when they dont show a clear picture of the label.
any help would be much appreciated

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
loads of copies, there was a seller a couple of years ago had a load of black arctic type, seemed pretty good but will be copies none the less.

genuine ones are MOD plod, armed police, dog handler etc or similar, i thought they were always ripstop, similar type of pattern.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I picked one up off the bay, as i find our issue coats to warm, mine has the number in it, but its in my van so i'll get it later. The one i have is rip stop, but has the biggest hood of any coat i've ever had !, i feel like something out of lord of the rings when its up. They are smart, and of good quality.

Rob

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The number in mine is 8415-869-2534. With a contract number of DC2CESL/3129. And the description on the label is, Jacket, Black, Field.

Hope this is of help.

Rob

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
thanks for all the replys, checked the strike force website and went in to pick one up today as they had my size.
they are as the dpm/ddpm windproof smocks but ripstop and black and do have the enourmous hood ,which i will be trimming down and keeping the wire.
they are genuine and brand new in packaging and are the mod plod version (the version silvermans call sas and charge over 100quid for)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE