British Army Mosquito Net Tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have one of these for ground dwelling... brilliant bit of kit.

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...t-accessories-c33/element-solo-bug-tent-p1756

element_solo_bug_tent0001.jpg

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Which is in fairness where I got to on another thread.

I'm going to try the hammock but I'm happier to know I have this as a cheap back up if I or one of the kids cant hack tree dangling.

If I end up on the ground I will invest in a sub 1.5kg tent.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Well my item arrived and what a bargain it is. Really well made and hardly seen use by the look of it.

Velcro flaps cover the zip meeting points so you are really sealed in.

The ground sheet is made of the same kind of cordura that knock off Maxpeditions are. Guessing at 600D and it looks like it's had some kind of waterproofing. If I was careful where I pitched I think this would protect my air bed.

The bathtub sheet comes up the sides quite a bit and offers some protection from drafts.

The mesh is pretty solid. You won't easily snag it on a watch strap, hang nail or similar.

For £15 delivered it doesn't make sense for me not to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NGM6456

Mar 24, 2014
United Kingdom
The mosquito tent set up underneath the tarp looks a good way to beat the midges/insects and the stuffiness/condensation of a conventional tent. Think I might invest in one! Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE