british army knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Get yersen an old Sheffield original. Best can opener ever IMHO . I use the marlin spike daily for brodelin my pipe bowl and the blade as a blade and trims my plug tobacco. :thumbup:

Apr 6, 2013
Scotland
I have the version that has the marlin spike - are there any issues with carrying this knife on a daily basis due to the spike?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
ive got a 50's issue one was my main outdoor folder for years, only ever used the blade and bottle opener(never the marlin spike) i could get the blade extremely sharp, though its now been replaced by a nice and pricey one the wife bought me one Christmas.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
If you're not too bothered about the can opener (and if you have a blade and a spike why would you need to be?), I have a Currey Lockspike Bosun doing nowt, (3rd one down on this page but without the hole in the 60mm blade).

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just out of interest, they are just as well made as the UK issue ones, made in Sheffield the same, the ones marked ABL on the blade are Belgium issue. Got one new in the grease for a couple of quid at Beltring a few years back. This seems to be the type being sold most now a days.

atb

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE