british army bivi bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ed dickson

Feb 7, 2006
herefordshire
hello everyone,

I was wondering about using a buffalo 4S inner with a army bivi bag from outdoorcode instead of the buffalo thermaliner, so i can fit a mat inside. How insulative (sp?) are the army bivi bags? or should is stick with the thermaliner (which is pertex 5/6)?

Lifthasir

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Yorks
Buffalo inner and outer is a very warm bag. Pertex is amazingly weather
proof in all put pretty heavy and persistent rain. Wearing Buffalo clothing inside
a Buffalo bag means that you'll stay warm even though wet. If you're gonna
sleep in the open then the Buffalo inner and Gortex outer is a good combination.
If you're gonna be under some shelter (tree canopy), the Buffalo outer will keep
you dry enough - especially if you give it a spray of Nikwax. The inner plus
Gortex will give you a combination btwn Outer only and Inner + Outer which is
another option if nothing else. I'm a fan of Buffalo clothing in all but very strenuos
activity in sub zero wind - venting the shirts exposes naked flesh to the biting
wind which isn't a good thing.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I have had and worn a mountainshirt for years and am a huge fan of them!

I have never been quite convinced about the sleeping bags....... I have a fleece bag which i use in summer but have been cold in it at times even in a bivi (goretex like) bag

How warm are the buffalo bags? - i'd love to be convinced!!!

I accept and trust the advice i get from bcuk so give it to me straight please :)

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
I use the DPM Bivi from outdoorcode and find them to be brilliant. Easy to get in and out of, and I've used it in high winds and felt nothing except the rocking of my hammock and the chill on my nose! Would recommend getting one, in my experience military gore-tex is hard to beat kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE