Brisa Trooper 115

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
They dont charge VAT, if its going outside the EU, so surely anyone in the UK would be getting it VAT free, and I dont think HMRC would like that.
I think you will find that if it is less than £135 then it is the buyers responsibility to pay the VAT if its above £135 then the buyer must charge VAT and forward it on to HMRC.
But at the moment we have been granted a 3 month extension for parcels.

so how does that work in practise?

Say i order a knife kit from Brisa, it turns up at my house and i havent paid EU VAT, am i supposed to ring the tax man and pay or something?? How would they know? is it like a 'tax honesty box'??

this is ridiculous!

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
If its under £135 then Brisa will charge you VAT and pay it to HMRC, if its over £135 then customs will charge the duty and VAT directly to you, and demand payment before its delivered, the danger is you wont know what the duty is likely to be, until you are hit with the bill, and of course the couriers extra charge.

and yes it is ridiculous.

They still state on their site that they dont charge VAT if its going outside the EU, obviously that is now out of date regarding the UK

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
If its under £135 then Brisa will charge you VAT and pay it to HMRC, if its over £135 then customs will charge the duty and VAT directly to you, and demand payment before its delivered, the danger is you wont know what the duty is likely to be, until you are hit with the bill, and of course the couriers extra charge.

and yes it is ridiculous.

They still state on their site that they dont charge VAT if its going outside the EU, obviously that is now out of date regarding the UK

brisa didnt charge me VAT :/ and i purchased just after 1st jan, delivered direct to my door by DHL

�����
Brisa Trooper 115 Kit
#: 28003-5856-22501-3735-1563
1EUR58.06
Knife Blade
1 x Brisa Trooper 115 EUR0.00
Handle materials
1 x BRISA Trooper Milled scales - Green Micarta EUR0.00
Corby rivets
2 x Corby rivet Aluminium 1 pc 1/4 EUR0.00
Sheath
1 x Sheath Bushcraft 115 EUR0.00
SubtotalEUR58.06
Shipping & HandlingEUR7.98
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)EUR66.04
TaxEUR0.00
Grand Total (Incl.Tax)EUR66.04

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
just added to the basket to see what happens, tax still not added, and its slightly cheaper (probably exchange rate)

Cart SubtotalEUR58.06
ShippingFedEx International Economy. - Fedex delivery from 4 days.EUR7.82
TaxEUR0.00
Order Total Incl. TaxEUR65.88
Order Total Excl. TaxEUR65.88

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
well done, but the price includes tax the last two lines look odd, as the totals with tax and without tax are the same, I think this is because you have actually paid the tax, which because its under £135 is correct, they take the tax and then they have to pay it to HMRC.
If it was over £135 I think the totals in the last 2 lines would be different and merely show what the tax actually was, and this might be used by HMRC to charge you that amount.
If that makes sense, as the details would be on the outside of the package in a Customs declaration,

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I have just been onto their site, and you are right they have deducted the VAT off the price, so it looks like you got a bargain there

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
It does seem to good to be true, so when I get my goods, I will see if we have to pay import Duty and tax, etc,
If you scroll down to the bottom of their page, and go into FAQ, there is this one asked.

Do I need to pay import taxes?

-This depends on where you live and the laws in your country. Within the EU, all goods move freely without taxes. Outside of the EU, the taxes and limits are set by your governments and we cannot control this. Neither do we write down the value of the package to bypass customs as this is illegal.

I think when they say write down the value, they mean they will not put on a lower amount.

We shall see.............................in the meantime does anyone know where you would get their discount code?

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Well just received my order from Brisa, and I am pleased to say that I was not charged anything in the way of duty, VAT etc, and as Brisa had deducted the VAT charge from the amount i paid, this means I got it VAT free
Delivered by DHL (in case other couriers are different)
Happy days.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Well just received my order from Brisa, and I am pleased to say that I was not charged anything in the way of duty, VAT etc, and as Brisa had deducted the VAT charge from the amount i paid, this means I got it VAT free
Delivered by DHL (in case other couriers are different)
Happy days.

Awesome, what was your total spend if you don’t mind me asking?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE