Brisa Trooper 115

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
At last a Brisa that will fit my hand nicely, I hope.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
This is the email i just got:

Brisa Trooper 115!​

Today we announce a new member in our full-tang knife range. Brisa Trooper 115 is made out of 80CrV2 Carbon steel and has a high scandi grind that will cut trough anything. This beauty is a user that will succeed at any task, with a handle that is large enough for bigger hands.

So Yes , if its 2 cm? longer than a trapper that would suit me, for the price definitely on my want list.

Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Yep me too, when I get a bit of spare.

ed What are you going to use on the scales to bond?

sorry just seen this, I used z-poxy and my only gripe is the 30min curing time means you have to work fast. I have glued 2 knives with it now (one re-scale and one from scratch) plus a couple of other random things and have been pleased.

trick is to get perfect dry fit then the 30mins doesn’t matter so much tbh

19BB059D-2F55-40A3-BC5F-5BF405FF74DA.jpeg

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Have you got one yet? I’m curious if we’re getting hit with extra import costs from brisa now.

dunno about import costs yet, have ordered one and it was cheaper than the price on the website as they removed Finnish taxes. I am expecting a VAT and import duty to be added on top tbh but depends how they have labelled it on the customs form?

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
@lostplanet

Okay the trooper arrived today
I’m went for the kit with premilled scales and sheath. Green micarta and aluminium screws.

blade is carbon steel 80CrV2 (whatever that is?)

£58 to my door, which I think is outstanding. Not additional taxes or import charges to pay either which I was not expecting to be the case.

photographed next to a brisa trapper 95 (which is a bit small for my hand)

the Trapper is 21cm overall length and the Trooper is 23cm overall.

slightly different grind, it’s a higher Scandi with a micro bevel, and the blade profile is a bit different.

the handle is noticeably longer and immediately when dry fitted feels a better length for my hand.

plan is to fit glow in the dark liners maybe double stack the liners and *maybe* drill the scales for a lanyard tube of bit of solid tube for design sake, dunno haven’t decided yet.

size looks promising!

ed

623EFF80-13AA-4DA2-BFE9-E32C6FD1C09A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sieddy and Kepis

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Thanks, Oh great, yes that looks better. I really like my trapper but its just to small, this is defintely going up the want list,

Have you seen GITD liners available?

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Thanks, Oh great, yes that looks better. I really like my trapper but its just to small, this is defintely going up the want list,

Have you seen GITD liners available?

have found some knock offs chinese ones for £4 or some kirinite ones for £20

cant decide whether to go GITD, double stacked different colours (white and red) or just single liners.

cant make up my mind if the glow in the dark is gimmicky or not!

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Gluing it up. Tbh the pre-milled scales from brisa took a bit of work to get the flat to match the tang.
Went for double stacked red and white g10 liners and loveless bolts for strength

just needs to sit overnight and will start the sanding tomorrow

5A48FF9E-E076-494F-B964-74066A65AA38.jpeg3A51763D-BED3-4FDE-96FC-AC09865C11F7.jpeg

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Have you got one yet? I’m curious if we’re getting hit with extra import costs from brisa now.
If it's under £135 before VAT they can ship from the EU as before brexit, if it's over UK customs handle the VAT charge which will mean the usual rip off "handling fees" from carriers.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
if the goods are priced at £135 or less, the seller must charge for VAT at the point of sale,unless the sale is to a business and they have the VAT number of that business, if the goods areover £135 Normal VAT and Customs duty are payable and the courier will normally ask for the duty payable before delivering the goods to you.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE