Bring your catapults!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Mint imperials for ammo? I got given a small tin full for Xmas as yet untouched. I'll bring them along with my catty. I've been looking for a way to get rid but I didn't like to just chuck them. Do squirrels like mints? :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mint imperials for ammo? I got given a small tin full for Xmas as yet untouched. I'll bring them along with my catty. I've been looking for a way to get rid but I didn't like to just chuck them. Do squirrels like mints? :)

Bio-degradable ammo to feed the wasps and ants :)

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Help
My dad took my catty off me when I was 14 (I’m now 54) and as my dad has passed on I can’t ask him for it back (mores the pity)
So
Can I have ago with someone else’s
A
Or make a new one
Please
Gary

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm bringing my catty so you'd be welcome to borrow mine untill you make your own. Dont forget to bring some mint imperials for ammo.!

Mantanna

Dec 23, 2013
London
Lets re-ignite this thread. Hopefully we'll have session or two this Summer 2020 ..? I shall be brining mine this time.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Lets re-ignite this thread. Hopefully we'll have session or two this Summer 2020 ..? I shall be brining mine this time.
Any suggestions for reading material and what equipment to start with for a complete novis, who might have been tempted by all the talk about catapults on the forum? :D

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Gamekeeper John is also a good shot, and has many instructional videos on youtube. Fowler is a great shot too but he shoots butterfly, not recommended for a beginner.

Reactions: SaraR

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
So for cross-dominant people, do you hold the catapult with your dominant hand so that you can easily line it up with your dominant eye, or is there a way of holding it with your non-dominant hand that helps line it up when aiming with the wrong eye so to speak?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
So for cross-dominant people, do you hold the catapult with your dominant hand so that you can easily line it up with your dominant eye, or is there a way of holding it with your non-dominant hand that helps line it up when aiming with the wrong eye so to speak?

Way over technical. Probably the best advice is try one out and see what works for you. ;)

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Way over technical. Probably the best advice is try one out and see what works for you. ;)
You say that, but it's hard to change once you've started down one route. I've started shooting left handed in the last couple of years, but it still feels awkward despite actually suiting me better. Catapults seem quite flexible in how you hold them, so I thought maybe there's a not immediately obvious way of holding it that might help. Will try shooting left-handed though and hope that works.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Have you tried the OTT style? Gamekeeper john does a good tutorial. The catapult is held upright rather than sideways. Might help?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE