Brew up thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Well, we went to Garston Wood, somewhere we have been before. Really nice place. Quiet. Very few other visitors. Ancient woodland with Oak standards over Hazel coppice. Unfortunately, we didn't hear any Nightingales :( but did see Hornets. Lots of plant species including Soloman's Seal, Dog's Mercury, Wood Melick, Yellow Archangel, (untold) Ransoms, Bluebells, Pignut, Early Purple Orchid, Lady's Smock, Lesser Celandine, Greater Stitchwort, Hedge Woundwort, etc, etc. Can recommend it for a visit.

18087733361_b9d95085b4_c.jpg

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
ikea_stove_and_pot.jpg

I noticed that ASDA seems to be selling these (or something similar) in their online store. So, I popped along to our local ASDA to see if I could pick one or two up. The didn't sell it in the store. Also went to Sainsbury's, Tesco, Robert Dyas and TK Max without luck. Basically wasted my afternoon :(

Any luck since then?

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Nope. I tried a different ADSA with no success. In a couple of weeks I should be going to Southampton, so I'm going to try and pop into Ikea then. It's maddening that Ikea charge £7.50 for postage!

I;ve just noticed that ASDA will deliver any item to a store for you to pick up. Maybe I'll do that. That said, my local ASDA store isn't really local at all :(

Last edited:

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Had my first try out of the hobo stove today. It was a devil to get going due to the wood available, which was dry on the outside but sodden within. It was also in short supply. Still, it worked quite well but I think it would be better with some sort of trivet on top to allow the fire/smoke to exit at the top of the stove.

18135676919_9bc1167a42_c.jpg

18134129530_07da6b148a_c.jpg

(I hate photos where the sea isn't horizontal but it's the only one I have showing the brew up spot).

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Even 3 tent pegs dangling over the edges will lift the pot and improve the draft and fire so much, cool spot mind

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE