Breast of Lamb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Only tried this at home but it should work at camp easy enough.

One or more breast of lamb, boned, rolled and tied, onions, garlic, rosemary. I used a slow cooker at home, covered the Lamb in red wine with the onions, garlic and rosemary and let it slow cook for three hours at which point I added diced carrots and spuds plus lentils to thicken the wonderful stock the meat produced; letting them cook for about forty five minutes.

Took the Lamb out and let it 'rest' for fifteen minutes then cut thick slices which I served with the veg and gravy. It was really good and of course stock cubes would be fine instead of wine if you think needed.

A cracking rib sticker of a one pot meal :)

Afterthought, dumplings yum yum would go well with it :)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Rik, what, no pictures? I have never eaten lamb (please don't think of me as too "backwater" of a sod :D). That sounds as though it would make a fine outdoor meal! I'm with Simon on the Dutch Oven choice. I might have to locate some lamb and give it a go. Thanks!

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE