Born Survivor Bear Gyrlls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Surely anything - including perhaps ramming red hot needles into your eyes - is better than watching Eastenders!
In Teddy Bear "I'm a complete Walt who is a danger to the public" Grills case, I will make an exception. Seriously. The man is such a complete and utter tit, that I would rather do unpaid overtime than watch his pathetic, self aggrandising stunts. There is a member of this forum who condemns "fantasists". Well Bear is a complete liar, there I've said it. The man is a total Walt. He makes the outdoors into a hostile world to be avoided rather than a welcoming safe place that will sustain you if you take the trouble to learn its secrets.

I detest this idiot and every money grubbing, self promoting, lying, deceiving, bone in his body.

Next week I'll get off the fence.

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah I agree with everything you say Red. But he ate a camel spider, surely he gets grudging respect for even thinking to do that :Wow:

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Yeah I agree with everything you say Red. But he ate a camel spider, surely he gets grudging respect for even thinking to do that :Wow:

I have seen a few camel spiders in the wild, they are nasty looking things, that really did make me cringe when he ate it.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
In Teddy Bear "I'm a complete Walt who is a danger to the public" Grills case, I will make an exception. Seriously. The man is such a complete and utter tit, that I would rather do unpaid overtime than watch his pathetic, self aggrandising stunts. There is a member of this forum who condemns "fantasists". Well Bear is a complete liar, there I've said it. The man is a total Walt. He makes the outdoors into a hostile world to be avoided rather than a welcoming safe place that will sustain you if you take the trouble to learn its secrets.

I detest this idiot and every money grubbing, self promoting, lying, deceiving, bone in his body.
Red, im glad we have the same views on Teddy Bear; you summed it up better than I could!

chuckle

Nov 29, 2006
grimsby
I have to agree with red even before he was found to be faking stunts on his show the US forums slated him saying stuff like if you try any of the stunts this man shows you,you will die.Some people say its just a tv show but the guy says it himself at the beginning "i will show you the techniques you need to stay alive" a very bad show.

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
I am very suprised by the very emotive responses this man seems to generate on the forum, I find his "adventures" to be very entertaining and at times very educational. I would in no way try to emulate any of his stunts, but then again I dont expect to visit many of the places he likes to go galavanting in. I just accept the programmes for what they are: high octain, show-boat survivalism, with more than a hint of life saving tips thrown in for good measure. Just my tuppence worth. ;)

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom

Next week I'll get off the fence.

Red

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Watched the new series for the first time this week and found them entertaining rather than educational. I saw it one night where he decided to walk across a frozen swamp for no apparent reason, resulting in a good soaking and spent the next half an hour trying to make a fire to dry out ??
I`ve enjoyed reading his books, and he`s done some pretty amazing stuff so far in his life, but I really think he should leave the survival stuff to the experts before somebody gets hurt jumping off a ledge etc.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE