Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

madspringer

May 17, 2014
West Yorkshire
Well after 11 years my boots have finally died.

The sides have split and in 11 years they have rubbed so time to go.

I am after some recommendations for some new boots, the ex military ones don't offer enough support and to be honest they don't last very long the leather isn't up to much.

I have dropped arches so need to be able to remove inner soles so can replace with my own and ideal they need to come up the the calf for when out beating.

My last ones were bought from cabelas and imported from the states so 11 year i reckon is pretty good and they have been well used.

Any recommendations or links appreciated.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Lowa Patrol boots, army issue brown haix boots (from ebay), or if your feet are on the narrow side, army issue brown Altberg Defenders (again ebay may be your best option - and order one size up).

These are just three quality boots that you probably won't be disappointed with, and all offer very good ankle support, internal padding, and removable insoles, but there are many many other good alternatives. Depends really on the shape of your feet, and your requirements for weight, stiffness, and goretex/non goretex. Of the three boots above, Lowas tend to be good for rather wide feet, haix for normal to wide feet, and altberg for narrow feet.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I've been wearing a pair of surplus German Para boots all winter - excellent quality, comfortable and dry. Really blown away with them - hope this helps.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I have Lundhags Syncro high and I am very pleased with those, given my kind of use...but as for recommendations....well, I would take my inner soles to any and all shoe shops and try my way through the assortment.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Boots are very subjective, I would go to a quality boot retailer preferably one with a large range and experienced boot fitters. You will be much more likely to get the desired outcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE