Boots

leon-1

Do current issue british army boots have steel toecaps?

Most British Army boots don't have steels. Ammo Boots, DMS, Boot Combat High, the assault boot, desert boot and the current issued boot to the infantry don't have steel toe caps because in cold environments you would probably end up losing your toes to frostbite. I believe that the REME got issued with steels for their work though, so there are some boots within the military that have steel toe caps.

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Most British Army boots don't have steels. Ammo Boots, DMS, Boot Combat High, the assault boot, desert boot and the current issued boot to the infantry don't have steel toe caps because in cold environments you would probably end up losing your toes to frostbite. I believe that the REME got issued with steels for their work though, so there are some boots within the military that have steel toe caps.

I will keep an eye out for the REME ones.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

That's similar to here. General issue and infantry boots don't have steel toes but certain career fields require them. i expact it's a similar poilcy in most modern militaries.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE