boots or Moccasins

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
any one made there own boots with proper sole and what not due to i am looking at getting some cowboy boots and because i cant find a decent supplier over here in the uk i am a bit reluctent to buy any because i cant try them on. it could cause mayhem if i dont because in a normal civi boot i am a nine yet in military surpless boot i am an eight and then if its american surpless i am an 8 and a half. So as u can see i ave trouble finding the right boot size at the best of times.

so then my girlfriend came up with the idea make my own and well i like the idea of that so how do i go about it

drew

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Also be advised that cowboy boots are a bit tighter than other boots due to the longer, narrower shape; but to some extent that's also the way they're supposed to fit. At least that's been my experience.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Also be advised that cowboy boots are a bit tighter than other boots due to the longer, narrower shape; but to some extent that's also the way they're supposed to fit. At least that's been my experience.

this is true, they are supposed to be quite tight to start with, when breaking in they should be soaked down and not removed until dry, if possible....

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
its a bit of a chllenge Drew, trust me i've made a few boots in my time. have a word withthese people, they may not do the style your after but they are very obliging and if they cant help, they may put you on to someone who can.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i see cool and were did u get yours from chris

i personally dont have any, but i know people who have, and im just passing on what they do... i also know they kill your feet for a good long time, i also know that once broken in they are comfortable as out, and people HATE to get rid of them.....:)

hope it all goes well for you Drew...;)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Be prepared for loads of comments about your horse. I get it all the time! I have a similar thing with shoe sizes myself, anything from an 8 to 10 size dependent on make and fit. My cowboy boots are a size ten and so very comfortable. I did have some size nine that took a lot of breaking in to stretch width ways but in the end were again very comfortable. It is well advised to get proper Spanish made ones with leather lining and soles as the fit molds to your feet better and they feel so nice. A good quality pair can be resoled many times and thus last a very long time. Mine are twenty years old now and still in regular use. Tatty, yes, but I never polish them and have used them with boot straps which caused a lot of wear!

Loblan boots are very good quality and worth looking at, bear in mind will stretch so they recommend trying on by putting foot in carrier bag and then putting boot on to allow it to slid on easy. However I did this with a pair of chisel toe boots and they feel to short so hardly worn..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE