Boot market stuff

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have been looking for a draw knife for some time.
Today at my local boot market a guy who does house clearances had two and a few billhooks and axes, plus some small pieces of antler.
He was asking more than I wanted to pay for the draw knives at £30 each, very small pieces of antler £4.00.
I walked away as he would not budge on price, (I do like a bargain mind you)
One of the draw knives was in show condition and old.
That would you have done, paid the price because you really wanted one, or walked away.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
What i always hear is 'oh, they go for X amount on ebay'(so, why isnt it on ebay??:rolleyes:).Makes you wonder if they really want to sell it?They hold onto it in the vain hope that maybe, just maybe someone will bite!Was it brand new or something?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Walked away. Mine was in great nick from a good maker & I paid half that. That one was not for you but keep looking and you will find it.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
Yep I'd have walked away too-the bartering is all part of the fun! his loss if he wouldnt shift a few pounds to make a sale!

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Go back next week and if the items are still there offer him even less and tell him he's had the items ? weeks.

After all the items do not owe him much as he probably got them all for nothing in the whole house clearance anyway. He's being greedy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE