Boot knives anyone?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Aye the pouch is for a folding knife! Can't find my super glue though..and I don't fancy opening a brand new araldite extra strong.

Not all boot carry is neccessarily concealed. As pointed out earlier a Daniel Boone style with an ordinary outdoors type knife on the outside of the boot would be quite as visible as a belt sheath. On the other hand a pouch such as Samon is describing would probably hold a folder and I'm not sure how that would really be any more concealed than if that same folder were carried in your pocket. Just trying to get away from the short dagger image that the word "boot knife" tends to conjure.

as there is no law for concealed carry its not relevant as you say in a pocket its concealed etc
if you carry it you either have a good reason or not how you carry is irrelevant

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
I tend to wear Mascot work trousers when out and they have a button and loop to secure a sheath on the right leg that's ideal for a Mora 511/549 and stops it flapping about. I also find the loose pockets are good for getting stuff out when you are crouched as they don't tighten up like normal pockets so good for folders. All being said I'm currently having a scout style sheath made up for a Mora classic so we'll see how well that works out :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
While not directly anything to do with Boot/Scout carry,
In a former life when flying as crew, we had the option of where to sew our rescue knife.
Either strong side lower leg or weak side upper arm with the sheath inverted - both positions were judged to be accessible if you were involved in a crash situation - when you would most likely curl into a foetal position with arms wrapped around your tucked legs - either carry option meant you retained access to your knife in an emergency for cutting lap straps/soundproofing etc.

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE