Boot glue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I discovered that my waterproof Brashers aren't quite so waterproof any more. The rubber strip between the sole and the leather has come away, allowing water in.

Is it just a case of whacking on some superglue or epoxy, or is there some official stuff? I nipped into Blacks this lunchtime and they didn't have a clue.

Thanks,

Mark

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Mark,

I used some stuff called 'shoe goo' (sp) to stick my boots back together, might be worth talking to the boot company to see if they recommend anything else or if they can fix them for you.

Brian

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
I always use contact adhersive for those kind of job but for boots that are going to get wet...... I am not so sure but definately not superglue or epoxy. Those don't flex well enough.

singteck

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Thanks all. I also followed Brian's genius suggestion of ringing Brasher - they recommended Freesole, but Shoe Goo should also do the trick.

Jackdaw

Supprised Blacks didn't offer to send them off to Brasher and have them repaired. It might cost, but they have pretty standard pricing for issues such as this.

I would also have a look at an old fashioned cobbler to see whether they could help. Would be supprised if they couldn't.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE