Book recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
Hi gang

Im after a book which has as much info on trees, wild flowers and herbs and mushies etc, all in one place. im gettin a bit fed up of lugging around several various sized and weighted volumes of text.

any ideas?:dunno:

D

Deylen

I downloaded and printed out (you have to bind it yourself) this a while ago:
http://www.judyofthewoods.net/forage_uk.html

And it seems to be pretty awesome so far, lots of information in a very compact space. (It takes a while to get used to the system, but it works pretty well.)

No connection etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 25, 2010
Scotland
Collins do a compact Food For Free guide in their Gem series which features over 100 eadible plants, berries, mushrooms, seeweeds and shellfish. It's obvious limitations are that it only covers a handful of the wild foods available and the fact that it doesn't cover trees and their uses.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Carrying a camera with a notepad and pencil is useful, take a small ruler as well for scale and then ID stuff when you get home.

I don't think there's a single book to cover everything on your list as it would be too big to fit in your pack :)

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
hellooo
i have the food for free, but i would like one with better id's in it. think im just gonna try and get on a herbalism and id course or day out

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
The "wild food school" do a course you can study at home but im not sure about tree use. Im going to be putting loads of books up for sale very soon on every bushcraft topic you can think of, but because nature studies covers such a massive area, to put it all in one book would make the size prohibitive. Got to admit though, if someone did do it they would sell like hot cakes.

Stu

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
The "wild food school" do a course you can study at home but im not sure about tree use. Im going to be putting loads of books up for sale very soon on every bushcraft topic you can think of, but because nature studies covers such a massive area, to put it all in one book would make the size prohibitive. Got to admit though, if someone did do it they would sell like hot cakes.

Stu

let me know what you have and i will be your first customer, if thats ok?

thanks all for some great advice:pokenest:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE