* BONK!* made a mallet!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Lol, yep! I made this earlier..

DSCF4268_zps6f0751b0.jpg

:eek:

Made from iron like plum off cuts and glued with gorilla glue (hence the messy ends :rolleyes:).

I needed a mallet for when delicate stuff needed tapping, and I only had metal hammers. So it's purely a fucntional tool over a pretty one, however it is funny and I thought you guys would like it!

I cleaned up some off cuts, marked the head, drilled out with a flat wood bit, fitted the head, gave it a wedge and some glue to seal it - then oiled it up and let it dry!

Pretty cute little mallet, and it'll spare me breaking my stuff :p

thanks for looking dudes!

Last edited:

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Nice one, I really like this!

That gorilla glue is great but it makes a bloody mess on everything I use it on as well, no surer fait is there that you open the gorilla glue the night before your going out to dinner and you end up with your hands in a right mess!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Haha, thats boss. Love it :)

it's small but it's fierce! haha feel pretty boss when bashing stuff too :cool:

Great job, function over form.

that's my excuse! ;)

Nice one, I really like this!

That gorilla glue is great but it makes a bloody mess on everything I use it on as well, no surer fait is there that you open the gorilla glue the night before your going out to dinner and you end up with your hands in a right mess!

haha! my hands are currently black from last night! good glue but it sure is messy when it expands and bubbles..

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Nice one! I like the sweep of the handle, a real knuckle saver. (If you've used a std pattern mallet much you'll know what I mean)

Acetone and acetone rich nail varnish remover gets the glue off easy, just don't wash with acetone too much as it can be harmful.

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE