Body shop bottles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
just been in the bathroom and just noticed her in doors has a load of poshens from the body shop in little plastic bottles with very strong pop up lids just wondering if any one has exspirance with these for keeping oil in ext they look like they would do the job fine what do you all think

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
They're pretty good but I've not found them as good as I'd hoped. Although they look pretty tough, especially the lids, they do start to weaken and loosen quite quickly. I found this out to my cost when I took some Bodyshop stuff away on holiday and coated much of my stuff in shower gel when the top leaked.

I might just have been unlucky. Maybe you could experiment a bit and let us all know?
Ta
Nick

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i wouldnt use them if i was you mate.. shes planning on taking the beck to the body shop to get money off her next lot of shampoo.. dont think she will thank you for it :shock:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
NickBristol said:
They're pretty good but I've not found them as good as I'd hoped. Although they look pretty tough, especially the lids, they do start to weaken and loosen quite quickly. I found this out to my cost when I took some Bodyshop stuff away on holiday and coated much of my stuff in shower gel when the top leaked.

It wasn't a one-off. I coated my toothbrush with shower gel by putting a small one in my wash bag and had a medium sized one leak olive oil over everything in a side pocket of a ruckcsack. I now only use nalgene bottles and have only had one leak, but it was at least ten years old!

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
i mite have guest you lot have tried it before i thought i had discovered something grate in the womans realm but no LOL are nalgene the best for the job if so were do i get them from cheers guys

MAl

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
If your blagging skills are good you can sometimes get them from Nalgene as samples. You'll need to tell them your working on designing some sort of lab kit and want to use their bottles, recommend their bottles or some such.

Also available from Millets, Field & Trek etc for about £6 a set IIRC

Good hunting!

Dave

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
I bought some of the small Body Shop bottles donkeys' years ago (it may even have been as far back as '92 ?!) and I've been using them for trips ever since - never had a problem.

The plastic in the 'modern' ones appears much thinner however. If you do dig up some older ones though - use them (or sell them on Ebay !!) :eek:):

Bob :)

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i too use them and have never had any problems.

main uses:

washing up liquid in a pop cap type.

foot powder.

various soaps

suncream.

for the last year i have been using a very simular large bottle to carry petrol and meths for my cookers, again no problems no leakage, no breaks, mabey i'm just more careful with my gear?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE