Boats !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Does anyone own a boat and if so what is it and what are your thoughts??

Always fancied a small RIB
RIB_craft_SCC.jpg

Or a little GRP fishing boat..But have no clue on the latter

tamar2.jpg

Any advice :?:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
You really must be sure that your run of bad luck is over mate! :wink:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
My father has had this 16' boat for about 25 years.

364_6410_1.jpg

We always used to use it in the sea for fishing but last year my brother ,father and myself toured on fresh water and had a great time.

364_6443_1.jpg

364_6467_1.jpg

Followed the river Bann from Lough Neagh out to sea and back.
Great crack setting up camp on the river bank at night.

364_6491_1.jpg

364_6492_1.jpg

A great way to travel and loads of wildlife to watch.
A rib is a bit more of a hooligans boat as far as im concerned ,great if you just want to go fast and get wet.
Loads of fun for a day or two raking around but not practacle for touring or fishing in.
I love it but owning a boat is often compared to standing in a cold shower tearing up £10.00 notes :lol:
Cheers
RB

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i am somewhat of a boatman.. living by the coast i have a number of boats... i would say you can do most of the things you can do in a grp fishing boat in a rib.. as well as being able to do things like go very fast ect with the rib.. however... i would say it might be a good idea to go on a power boat course (normally about £90 at your local out doors education center or RYA center.. it will take about a day and will be good fun) so i would say go for a rib.. but what is it you are wanting to do?

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Actually Dave with your luck you'd be better off with an unsinkable, self righting jobby like the RNLI use,and only use it on inland waterways on sunny days with perfect visablity.Also save any rabbits feet you come across and secrete them about yourself.and dont chop fire wood in it! :eek:):

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I'd love to get a small boat, but it'd have to have a sail, and a small motor just for moving in the harbour and from those "ancient mariner" moments ;)

I was talking to a friend of mine the other night, and he's talking about getting a canoe and exploring the inland waterways of Carolina and Georgia. Nessmuk came to mind. I think I'll try to get myself invited on that trip.

Keith.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
bushwacker bob said:
Actually Dave with your luck you'd be better off with an unsinkable, self righting jobby like the RNLI use,and only use it on inland waterways on sunny days with perfect visablity.Also save any rabbits feet you come across and secrete them about yourself.and dont chop fire wood in it! :eek:):

Monkey !! :nana:

I've Got the RYA Powerboat Coxwain accreditation so that ain't a problem. I do like the look of Rapidboy's dads boat though. Functional and no nonsense !! Ya never know.

P'raps with my luck I should get one of these though ??

Lifeboat.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE