Blundstones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Does anyone own one of these shoes, what are they like? I really like the look of them. Someone i know has had them for 3 years and they are still looking new, and he uses them daily.

I know there is some legend behind them!

And are they any good for walking?

cheers,

Jake

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I have two pairs of the basic style, alternated throughout the week. Great for walking to the Metro stop and keeping my feet comfy through the day, perfect for winter commutes with a pair of Yak-Trax attached for grip, but not necessarily something I'd hike a long distance in. Gaiters are available, by the way. The main obection for hiking is that it's hard to stop the foot moving within the boot due to the lack of laces. That said, I know a few Aussies who seem to have the things permanently affixed to their feet.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I think im gonna get some of these. From what i've heard, people do use them for hiking....:?:

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
HI

Blundstone are traditionally working boots but they've come out with an outdoor boot called the Mountain Master or something like that. I think the model no is 406..

Anyhow, from what i've seen they seem to be made well enough. THe one thing that did concern me was that unlike the European companies like Scarpa etc who try and use one piece of leather where possible, blundstone have a lot of stitched parts so they may be more prone to letting water in if not properly sealed.

Their soles and footbeds are terrific though and you can easily wear them for a whole day without getting sore feet.

cheers
Jeelan

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cool, i like the sound of them even more! I don;t think i'll go for the walking boot ones though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE