Blanket hoody

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
My tent is on hold because of the weather, need to finish the inside of it.
So this is a winter project started early. Started to make this up after seeing and chatting with Neil1 and Leon at the bushmoot. I got a green wool blanket but this is to good to cut up so i pick up a brown wool blanket at the wilderness gathering for a £5. This is it so far ,the brown cloth is not ventile .

img1093lw3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Topknot

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Looks good. Don't do what I did when I made my blanket coat.

Sampled too much of my home brew one evening and sewed the arms on inside out. Bit of a pain when you've just hand stitched them on. :buttkick:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It looks great already, and it's just a bunch of fabric laid out! Can't wait to see what you do with this, your typical high standard of manufacture I'd assume. Nice one!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks very interestying so far. I'll look forward to posts as it gets sewn together :) Out of curiousity are you using a pattern or is it all freehand?

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Perfect for sitting round a fire that, look forward to see how it turns out.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Looking very good mate, its always good to do a "mock-up" first, especially when you are dealing with expensive fabrics.
You will be well pleased with it when its done.
I only wear mine out after dark and only when I can guarentee being alone - as everyone who sees one wants one (the waiting list is now up to nine :eek: )

dsc00544dq2.jpg

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Thank you very much for the photo Neil , it was (your idea) that inspired me to make one .
My pattern was a old hoody . I do not want to say too much because this is Neil's idea .
It was said at the moot that some dangly bits might be cut off :eek: I will post when finished.
Cheers Topknot.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thats alright mate, I thought it my give you somethinhg to refer to :) .
I think the comment about "dangly bits removal" has stopped this thread dead in its tracks!!
Funny old world:rolleyes:
Neil

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Anyone want to add me to a waiting list? they look awsome!!!

([Totaly unrelated] By the way topknot did you get my last pm?)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Very nice looking smock there Neil. What was the green material you used for the shoulders and front? And any chance of a pic of the back?

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'm guessing ventile. Also, I'd be interested in what you think of the yeti gaiters as I'm thinking of getting some. Please. :D

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Questions, questions, questions!

Roughly how much fabric do you need to make one?

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE