blades and blanks for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
For those who have bought, how finished is the 'finished blank with pins'? Is it shaped, bevelled, heat treated and ready for final sharpening or does it need heat treating before handling?

All finished and heat treated ready for chopping. Pretty sharp straight out the envelope.

I'm not really keen on the finish on the steel tbh, I like it shiney, not 'forge finished' but a wee spell with some sandpaper will sort that out. Good for the money.

Cheers

Alan

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
I have just ordered one of the blade blanks, never put together a knife before so it should be a good chance to have ago at something new. Any tips, tricks or advice? Just ordered some curly birch and liners.

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi gents , just an update .
Thank you to everyone that has supported me and bought one of theses .

But when the stock I have is sold there will be no more ,
Lots of reasons for this , but the most relevant is I can't make it pay so I'm applying for jobs again .

I'm hope to land one pretty soon and will be moving to a small property in Lincoln City so don't expect to have time or space or money for that matter , to continue makeing knives like this .

I started to make this common knowledge about 10 days ago and have gone from 139 blanks to under 80 !!!!

When there gone there gone !!

It's been an adventure and I'm lucky to have been able to Persue this as a dream but there was allways a deadline for when to stop trying to make it work and get a real world job .
I reached that point about 8 weeks back :)

I did run out of abrasive belts last week but they just arrived from Italy yesterday so in going to plough through as manny as possible to get them sold !

All the best , matt

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
Hi Matt,

Just to let you know that my blank arrived today safe and sound, thanks very much for your help with this. This is going to be a projct for me over the Christmas holidays, I have some nice curley birch to go with it, so hopefully it will turnout nice.

Best wishes and good luck for the future, Andy

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Did you order one by just sending pp to adress or did you contact matt first?
he hasnt ben on here since 22nd.........

Hi Matt,

Just to let you know that my blank arrived today safe and sound, thanks very much for your help with this. This is going to be a projct for me over the Christmas holidays, I have some nice curley birch to go with it, so hopefully it will turnout nice.

Best wishes and good luck for the future, Andy

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I have to say Matt is a pleasure, to deal with, his service is second to none. My experience and I know plenty of others on here have had the same service. If you PayPal today, he will post tomorrow. I know he is having problems getting on line. I'm gutted he is having to stop makeing knives.
Matt good luck whatever you do mate.
Ammo.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
My blank arrived swiftly safe and sound thank you. Superbly crafted and sharp out of the package! I'm thinking the next step through before I start as I like liners but already find that the blade handle fills my hand so don't want to make it too thick.

Andy W - my recent thread has details on how I handled my first knife, if that helps

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi guys !
Firstly I'm really sorry about not being visible lately !
Life's a mess if I'm honest , limited Internet , job interviews , personal family issues , and job interviews all combined to fry my head :)

At the moment im able to see PayPal regularly so get a payment fill the order and get it away .
I do understand that's a little remote for some people , but it is working ??

I still have a lot of stock to sell .
I don't know the actual number but it's well over 70 blanks all in I would say .
I have a good number of sheaths made to .
Handle material is the thing I struggle with .

I'm working on trying to Finnish a group as we speak .
But the handle materials will be corian mostly .

The best thing to do is watch for them being advertised on the sales section .

But blanks will be constantly available .

I still have a lot of stock to sell and I'm just going to plough through them until I have nothing left .
I don't want to spend any more money on the business is possible so I don't plan on buying in handle materials in bulk if I can avoid it .
There very expensive and I pay almost the same as you guys do for the stuff !!

Keep um peeled on the sections of the forum over the next few days .
Maybe there will be something that appeals to you !

All the best , matt

Now to answer all those pms :(

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Ok I think iv answered everything !!

If you could use the PayPal addy that's on page one. ( I think)
And just make sure to add a note to say I have all your postal details correct and remind me what your paying for that would be great. !!
All the best , matt .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE