Black soldier 95 gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I have found some soldier 95 jackets on epray in plain black. As far as i know these have never been an issue item, so therefore they must be copies, but the seller is adamant they are real. Has there ever been a black version made for the MOD? The reason i ask is that i want a new jacket for knocking about the woods and like the soldier 95 one a lot but i dont like wearing DPM when i am out so finding some black ones was a result. I have had knock off gear before though and it was simply crap and i dont want to get caught out again. I have tried dyeing a DPM jacket but the polyester wouldnt pick the dye up and it looks like pinstripe now!

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I have found some soldier 95 jackets on epray in plain black. As far as i know these have never been an issue item, so therefore they must be copies, but the seller is adamant they are real. Has there ever been a black version made for the MOD? The reason i ask is that i want a new jacket for knocking about the woods and like the soldier 95 one a lot but i dont like wearing DPM when i am out so finding some black ones was a result. I have had knock off gear before though and it was simply crap and i dont want to get caught out again. I have tried dyeing a DPM jacket but the polyester wouldnt pick the dye up and it looks like pinstripe now!

Ask the seller for the MOD number on the item.

LS

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That means nothing. I've seen kit with NSNs on them that weren't issued. I am led to believe that some of the EOD guys at Wimbish wear black kit, so it may be legit. Check it out before you buy though, if you can't get hands on I'd steer clear of it.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I bought a black smock from SASS kit, very nice quality but it costs, I think they are worth the money and i'm glad i bought it. sure you are aware of those options, but if in any doubt with ebay i wouldn't bother knowing what i know now.

how much are they asking?

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Its 18 quid plus postage, which makes me think its knock off. I have seen the sass hear, it looks good but pricey. I will see if they do a jacket rather than a smock.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
the armyagents ones, if they were genuine tey would sell for £40-50 easy??

too good to be true IMO.

the Sass Smock is a jacket here: http://www.sasskit.co.uk/
products>military clothing>Sas Smock £99 in black

I bought it in black for the same reason as you, didnt want DPM and already got too much OG as its black it doesnt look so military from distance.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
I have a black set which are genuine, however there are copies with fake nato stock numbers around. I believe they where mainly issued to mod police and dog handlers.

I'll post the nato stock numbers and manufacturer contract numbers from my labels later on when I get back home.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
That would be great mate, i have just read that MDP get issued black gear but i cant find it on any sites. The NSNs will be really helpful.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Hi, here you go:

Trousers, Black, Field
CAS 8415-99-869-2564
Size: 85/96/112
DC1bESL/0042

Jacket, Black, Field
CAS 8415-99-869-2533
Size: 180/104
DC1bESL/0042

The jacket is made from black ripstop material, has black slotted buttons and a wire rimmed hood. The trousers are the same material with slotted buttons and has an additional long pocket on the right hand side for a truncheon. The last part of the nato stock numbers will vary depending on size. The 'DC1bESL/0042' bit is the manufacturing contract number - my jacket and trousers were both from the same batch/contract, but other genuine issue ones may have different contract numbers.

Some of the copies out there may have the same nato stock numbers on there labels though.

Hope this helps - let me know if you want any more details.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE