Bivy Bag Source

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I would try...(deep breath here)...evil bay. That's if you want a standard ex-forces goretex one. I wouldn't pay more than £25 - £30 second hand though and you might have to be patient as some bids get a bit daft.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-Army-...632145847QQcategoryZ36077QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Army-Surplus-...Z6631228754QQcategoryZ588QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anything more than a forces type, you may as well go look in the on-line outdoor shops. The prices rise quite substantially though. These are for the good bivvi/tents though. Very nice...but... :eek: expensive...

Pablo

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
As an ex tank commander in the Royal Armoured Corps i can vouch for the standard green army bivvy bag. I used to sleep on the back decks of a tank in all weathers and it would keep me dry. However be aware that although the bags are Goretex 'breathable' they are not human lungs breathable :eek:

The one time i slept with my head inside the bag with the drawcord done up tight....i woke up panicking, not able to breathe properly, i ended up sucking air in through the sphincter like draw cord hole. Other than that they are pretty much a solid bit of kit. I think i paid £18 for mine, though it was part of a large buy. There is a company out there (can't remember the name) who sell batches of ex mil kit with a minimum order of £200.00. Sorry i can't be more helpful.

hilltop

Banned
May 14, 2006
edge of the peak district
peds8045 said:
As an ex tank commander in the Royal Armoured Corps i can vouch for the standard green army bivvy bag. I used to sleep on the back decks of a tank in all weathers and it would keep me dry. However be aware that although the bags are Goretex 'breathable' they are not human lungs breathable :eek:

The one time i slept with my head inside the bag with the drawcord done up tight....i woke up panicking, not able to breathe properly, i ended up sucking air in through the sphincter like draw cord hole. Other than that they are pretty much a solid bit of kit. I think i paid £18 for mine, though it was part of a large buy. There is a company out there (can't remember the name) who sell batches of ex mil kit with a minimum order of £200.00. Sorry i can't be more helpful.
ex soldier here, used m.o.d. bag for 2 years in army, no probs, but managed to blag a U.S.M.C. issue one, its very similer but opening is different, with a bit of meesing about and a few twigs i can rig a frame to keep it off my face, pacs smaller too, good bit of kit,

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep,

Used the green Goretex ones like Andrew says. They cover your whole body like a mummy bag. I take a small piece of decorators drop sheet (clear plastic) and use it like a mini tarp to keep rain of my face. The bag does breathe a bit and theres room inside for your mat to keep you rolling off it. Generally a worthwhile addition to the general useful gear - adds warmth too so useful even with a hammock and tarp in cold weather

Red

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
More helpful advice - cheers guys. Yep, I've used an army one too, many times - or was that too many times : )

Mine got wrecked in a fire fight - a mate was using it and rolled into the campfire.

Stupid wazzock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE