Bivy bag and tarp what do you recommend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
No worries, I forgot to mention it does come with their logo on one side, but it could be easily blacked out. I didnt bother though, if I go for a stealth camp I take a dpm basha. I just ordered another.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
True with whats been said you dont need both But with the space and lightness both are reassuring.

Served in forces before bivi bags and then when issued we occasionally used them on there own. Just have to enjoy one or both.

Still prefer the issue bivi bag and actually the basha issued is good too.

NGM6456

Mar 24, 2014
United Kingdom
I only use two ponchos, one for a ground sheet and one for a tarp, they weigh next to nothing and serve my purposes adequately. Mind you, I do not go wild camping in extreme conditions/terrains, like mountain ridges and snow fields etc.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I use a bivvy and tarp year round - RAB bivi and Kathmandu 8' x 8' tarp. Held up by trees if I'm in the woods or by poles if I'm in the mountains. What I really like about the set up is that it's better for multi day trips than my tiny tent as the tent can be full of condensation in the mornings and is impossible to pack away dry if you have an early start. If there's condensation on the tarp I just tie it to the outside of the rucksack or let it dry when I stop for a brew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE