Bivvies, tarps and mozzie nets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Whats the best way to use a mozzie net with a bivvy bag or A-frame pitched tarp. I've never even seen mosquito netting so I don't know how it is supposed to attach.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Hang it so it is well clear of your face, as that is annoying, believe me, when it touches your face.

Nick

I often use a headnet inside the bivi bag but, as Nick says, it can be annoying on your face. It is, however, cheap, light and serves the same purpose while you are milling about the campsite.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I just slept a couple of nights out in the Swedish woods using a mosquito 'dome', basically a mosquito net wit a bottom. I just hang it, one point, to the ridge line and use heavy stuff (boots etc) to spread it out from the insidew and give me some space. The dome I use is a standaard army one but without the poles. Great way to sleep out in mosquito infested area's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE