Bivvi bag help??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Hi guys' i have a standard military bivvi bag' im very happy with it but i would love for it to have a zip in the middle? Now'' whos got the skills to help me out? Advise or a demo would be great :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Pin the zip on the inside where where you want it,sew on the outer edge of zip.
Cut the material down the center of the zip.
Turn the edges under and sew them down.
You will probably need a one sided foot or a very narrow foot on your machine for the second seam.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Ahh.... no machine' this was gonna be by hand? Would that be a bad idea?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Doable mate but it'll take a while. Is there anywhere local to you that could do it for you? Somewhere that does alterations and the like? Or a seamstress in the family?

Jammylodger

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Leicester
Hi,
If you could find a zip long enough, I'm pretty sure a place that does clothing alterations near you should be able to do the sewing part. If you have a local newspaper, check the small adds.
Good luck.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
A bit of a hack, but if you could glue a zip to the inside of the bag and then cut the material where the zip opens. The glue would prevent the material fraying.

A bit of R&D on which glue to use would be a good idea though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE