bivioligy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya all i need the bivi men to help me

i have a 4.5 by 3.5 true modified true north outdoors tarp now then having all ways used my hammock i dont no how to string it using a ground dwelling.

accessaries i have

2 guy lines and 2 pole holders with attached guy lines

to poles and pegs

and a ridge line rope

please help as i am of to the ribble vally camp at the end of january (oops said august before this edit) and dont now how to rig it if i dont use trees cos am either used to a tent or hammock.

poles are about 5,10 high
cheers drew

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just rig it the same you would for a tarp just lower Drew. If there's no trees the just run a couple guy lines to the poles to act as bracing

There was a pdf file that had loads of different ways to pitch a tarp but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You could do it this way Drew, just substitute the paddles for poles
truenorthbig.jpg

Or do what Steve says and put a pole at each end of the ridgeline and sling it low. Just run your guy lines down from the poles and straight to the ground.

The Wilkos extendable clothes props are useful mate.

Last edited:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi Drew,

Practice at home mate and then if the Meet still takes place some of us can take time out to show you our sets ups...I'd suggest getting hold of a few 3 or 4m of 3mm cord though, as they mean you can be more versatile in your set up.

Simon

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
single pole setup one night in edale, did both me and Calibanzwei really well, just pegged the bottom ends down, no wind or rain all night it was great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE