Bitten by the invisables

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Midges or whatever every year I get bitten mainly on the lower limbs however yesterday I got bitten on both hands and my legs. But I don't know who's to blame. is there something natural I can take to help combat getting bitten.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I have been told that various things have worked for people among them eat loads of garlic, or marmite I have tried avons skin so soft with minimum success but a farmer friend of mine that did not seem to get bothered by insects,, he used to chew chewing baccy and rub the spit on exposed skin seemed to work for him

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Midges or whatever every year I get bitten mainly on the lower limbs however yesterday I got bitten on both hands and my legs. But I don't know who's to blame. is there something natural I can take to help combat getting bitten.

I have used in the past this plant you find commenly on the hills around here, can't remember the name of it but I can recognise it with small green oval shaped leaves and very short and shrubby wooden main bit. I rub the leaves in your hands and then rubbed the juice on legs etc, and it worked well enough. Someone I'm sure will know the name of it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE