Bit of hammock kit advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Hi all

As I've just bought a DD FL in the GB with a sleeper and will be using it a lot this year I think I'll need a good under blanket, can someone recommend me a down one. Also do all you hammock user use top quilts or sleeping bag or both?

Thanks for any help
Cheers
Luke

P.S If anyone wants to add any tips to a new tree dweller I'd be very grateful:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
For down underblankets you need to shop over the pond unfortunately, customs and taxes killed me.
I went for the Speer hammocks Snugfit, it weighs about half as much as the Snugpak synthetic ones and pack to half the size.
http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/SnugFit.htm
Pricey but a good investment.
There are some pics of mine in a Loch Lomond post somewhere.

Unsponsored on here is making some 3/4 versions which are really nice, I got one a few months ago but I'm planning on using it spring summer due to the length. You can pair them up with a small section of foam mat for all year round though if you like.

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Thanks for the help guys, the under blanket was just what I was looking for just need to save up the pennies:) I signed up on HF last night so will get on there tonight.

Thanks again
Luke

Rich^uk

Feb 4, 2010
England
I just tend to use a standard foam mat and if it gets below 0c then I use my thermarest. had that down to -12 and was a little bit warm. Also i use a sleeping bag in winter. Summer time I use a fake fur blanket from Woolworths. it's very warm and packs down into a tiny size

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE