Bit of fun,,, guess the craft project!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Hey, well done Southey, Yes it is Ojibway and you were right, I am making a pair of snowshoes... Darn It only took you less than two minutes to work it out!!

I thing they are such beautiful things, I have wanted to make some for quite a while, I know I probably won't have much use for them, seeing how much snow I get down here, but it does not matter.

normal_Finished_snowshoes.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Brilliant! would you be able to post a WIP thread when you start,I'd very much like to see the process?

I am hoping to try and be good about this :rolleyes:, and takes some pictures as I go along, not really a tutorial though, just some pics of how I get on with it, it's going to be a work in progress, sort of thing, along a few other projects, so will take a while.

I am going to make a jig as I am going to steam bend the frames, hence the need for the jig!! I am planning to use rawhide from pet at homes, I know I could use synthetic, but that would spoil the fun for me. Then the whole lot will be varnished. Should be fun anyway.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Southey, I didn't see it as an intrusion at all, mate, what I meant to say was just that when I get going on making something, I am not very good at stopping to take pictures!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE