Bison tipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
After reading a previous link about the bison tudra lavvu, i decided to go ahead and order one. At £250 inc postage, i didn't think it was out of the way. Only snag is i've got to wait until late october as they have to make it. Ho Hum!
Once i get it i'll pop up a review and a few piccies for those of you who like the idea but don't have the dosh for a tentipi.
Baggins

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Woah they look pretty sweet. How waterproof are they though? I understand in theory the teepee is the most water repellent design out there, but I'd figure it was more designed for the cold as apposed to our rain?

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
I hope it's good value. The Tundra is a polycotton mix so, as long as it's treated with somthing like fabsil every now and then, it should be pretty watertight. (i use to use the cotton force tens years ago, and never had a problem). I'm going for a tundra 4, which is 270cm high and 400cm diameter, so seems a good size for two of us plus the hounds.
Was also thinking of getting the inner for it as well, but might wait and see what the main tents like first.
Can't wait to get it and get out there (just in time for the middle if autumn :D )

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Looks like a lovely tent all-in-all, hope she serves ye well.

Theres so much nice kit, such as the tipi, iv heard of on this forum. Im so gonna have to get a Saturday job! EMA funds are gonna sought me out nice too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Around 4 x 3 metre is what I am looking at, but I will go for a liner as well. Since getting my little tee pee, a GoLite Hex 3, I am converted to this type of design, stable, works very well.

Many moons ago, when I was a kid, camping with the School climbing club, we used various tents, one was a Black's Good Companion, much the same design, but suspended on an 'A' frame, again a very stable tent, but made in ventile cotton if I remember right and heavy. Inner and outer tent, it really could take the wet weather

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
baggins said:
Was also thinking of getting the inner for it as well, but might wait and see what the main tents like first.
Can't wait to get it and get out there (just in time for the middle if autumn :D )

Didnt know the offered an inner for it. Tell, tell! What colour is it, does it have a groundsheet and how much?

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Inner tent. I'm not overly sure of the details, just that one of tabs on their website i clicked on seemed to show an inner tent fot the tundra. Seeing that my norweigan is a bit rusty :rolleyes: , i might be mistaken, but if you click on the 'Nye Tynde' tab on the right of the english translation page of the tundra, you'll see what i mean.
If anybodys norweigan is better than mine, please translate.
Baggins

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Indeed it does, thanks.

It seems it's just for the tundra 4 and tundra 8 models though ...but I suspect my Norwegian is much worse than yours so I could be wrong. Looks like it's ripstop nylon and has a sewn in groundsheet too...

Tinde4,blaa.jpg

Now I'm tempted, cos that inner would brighten the interior significantly.

Surveyor

Sep 28, 2005
London
According to the Norwegians on this boat, that item is the New Tinde, a summer weight Tipi.

This seems to go with the Tinde already listed:
Tinde English and Tinde Norwegian

The keyword to look for as far as I know is 'Gulv' meaning floor.

On the page for the Nye Tinde, at the bottom of the description, is Gulv twice, referring to the two sizes of floor and their price.
Nye Tinde

As yet, I have not been able to work out if the is an inner, but it seems so far, that there is at least a floor to be found.

I hope that this helps you in your quest for a floor and possible inner.

Jed

Looking on the Norwegian site for the Tundra, there appears to be an inner, the Polar
Norwegian Tundra Page
It comes with a floor. However, it is listed for the Tundra 3. Other sizes could be determined by contacting the vendor.

Also, according to the page it is offered as part of a bundle, see the fourth paragraph.

I am sure that the vendor can reveal more information for you.

Jed

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
How do you contact them i tried emailing them earlier last week but no reply. I guess from the english bit on the site you can email them in english?
Steve

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
nevetsjc80 said:
How do you contact them i tried emailing them earlier last week but no reply. I guess from the english bit on the site you can email them in english?
Steve

Very many Norwegians speak English. I'd be very, very surprised if there wasnt somebody readily at hand to translate and a very good chance the person who gets it speaks English..

salg@bisontelt.no

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
I just emailed them (but not through their website as i got server error). They did take a bit of time to reply, but the second email was replyed to straight away.
They're probably wondering where all these english people are coming from all of a sudden :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE