Bison Bushcraft Guide Shirt Sizing Help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

browntrout

Dec 28, 2012
Perth
After reading loads of reviews i am going to buy a Bison Guide shirt and was hoping you guys could give me some sizing help.
I am 5'7" with a 38" chest, the sizing chart says i would be a medium but i have read they are made on the big size so was wondering if a small would fit, i would be wearing a thin base layer under shirt.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm closer to 6' and 42" and I went with a large. Might be best to email Roger with your measurements and see what he thinks?

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
A medium measures 23.5 inches pit to pit giving you the six to eight inches clearance you need to be able to put it on,a small is 22.5 inches so it may fit but bear in mind that it isn't stretchy material. Best bet is to compare these measurements to something you already have.
Roger

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
It depends how you want to wear it, most folks seem to like them as an outer garment, so you need to go bigger to get extra layers underneath. I got a medium & wore it as a shirt, & i'm a 44.

Rob

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
I agree with all these comments, Rogers shirts are excellent and very well made, the only thing i would add to this discussion is if you have read Rogers post and you are still unshure speak to Roger, but personally i have found that the shirts vary a wee bit in size from shirt to shirt as they are hand made, i have a couple that are all XXL but the oldest is more like a XXXL, as Woof says it all depends on how you intend to wear it but IMHO if you are a Med order a Med it makes for a more versatile garment. Whichever size you go for as a shirt you wont regret buying one, i live in mine and love then to death, probably the best shirts i have ever owned.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
After reading loads of reviews i am going to buy a Bison Guide shirt and was hoping you guys could give me some sizing help.
I am 5'7" with a 38" chest, the sizing chart says i would be a medium but i have read they are made on the big size so was wondering if a small would fit, i would be wearing a thin base layer under shirt.

My chest size is 40 to 42" depending on the supplier, I wear a Bison Guide shirt in 'Large' usually with only a Woolpower 200gm top beneath, it is loose around the shoulders but not so that others would notice. If it helps I also wear these shirts in these sizes...

5.11 Tactical shirts - large
Swanndri Ranger - large

"...probably the best shirts i have ever owned..."

+1 to that.

:)

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Oddly, I have a small which fits over a base layer well, and I measure a 46" chest.
However, I haver had it 4 or five years and it may have been labled incorectly, I tried it on ant a show so knew it would fit.
Very, VERY good buy, you will not be disappointed.
Best
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE