Birds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
People talk about deer, badger, otters and animals like that but not very many people seem to talk about birds which i know very little about. I was wondering where are the people on here that know a thing or to about birds.

Heres a helpful link if you spot a bird to be able to identify it, all you have to do is select things like where you found it, its feather colour ect.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdidentifier/form.aspx

shortyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 18, 2010
Lancashire
I have birding tendencies too. Get some books out the library and fathom out what you see regularly and go from there. Eye spy books are good and cheap too

shortyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 18, 2010
Lancashire
Also if you see a bunch of hardcore birdwatchers staring at something don't be afraid to ask what they've seen. I've done this lots and have never been met with anything other than politeness and often a quick peek through a scope or bins.

I like to know what I've seen rather than know all the intimate details of particular species but some of my earliest memories are looking through bird and animal Id books as Dad is very into such things-thought it may help if you knew where I was coming from!

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm into birds, member of the RSPB, and I spend quite a lot on bird food to attract birds into my garden.
I have put up quite a few bird boxes as well so as to get them to nest as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE