birch sap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Yep, me too. On my list of things to do this year and tried a speculative one (Where I met you, Jonnie) and it ran a little but in my inexperieced view I do not think they're quite there..........

BTW, I just took a knife blade in on an upward angle so it was easily repaired as per a couple of youtube vids I have seen. Could anyone put any advice my/our way for the inexperienced?

Thanks in advance

Marc

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
hi marc :) are you wanting to know how best to repair or to tap the trees?

I'm not sure of the best way but we used to drill or cut the tree then tack a small sandich bag tight to the tree with a small twig just propping the bag open so all the liquid runs into it then come back a few hours later and filter the liquid collected. Dead quick way of doing it and you can set up as many as you like, no tubes or hefty containers.

catweasel

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2009
rotherham
BTW, I just took a knife blade in on an upward angle so it was easily repaired as per a couple of youtube vids I have seen. Could anyone put any advice my/our way for the inexperienced?

i use a small hand drill, a bit of car windscreen washer pipe, a pop bottel and brown parcel tape (parcel tape is not sticky enough to cause damage) drill a hole the same size as the pipe, stick the pipe in there, cut the pipe long enough to reach the bottel (i use about 6 inches) and tape the bottel to the tree. swap the bottel every 24 hours and when im done i plug the hole. No one could tell the trees been taped unless you know what your looking for

many thanks CW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE