Birch craft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
newbirchcontainers3009.jpg

Some more containers, cordiline and wolf willow cordage

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Smashing stuff as usual Patrick. Can I ask where you get birch bark of such quality? I've often fancied having a go at some bark containers, but I've had a lot of trouble finding good enough bark.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Beautiful stuff. This is a skill I would love to develop. Same question as above regarding the birch bark

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
i see you stitch the bark, ray mears used a kind of notches on a container, is there a reason to use one over the other aside from taste?

all this reminds me theres stil so much left to learn and to do in bushcraft,thanks for showing patrick.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Great job there Patrick, I need to start on mine soon. Don't give up on UK birch bark folks, there is some good stuff to be had. Take a look in your local woods at trees that have come down recently. I've found some good thick stuff this way. Don't take it off of the live trees though, apart from the danger of ringing the tree and killing it, you will also set a prescedent that will be followed by the chavs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE