Back on the tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Big thanks to Kepis for posting a willow spoon earlier in the week.
Our willow lost a branch a while ago in the storms and I got inspired to go and cut a few pieces to carve.
I have some lovely knives, but haven’t used them for ages so apologies to Ben Orford, Nic Westerman & Alf Branch for leaving them in a bag under the bed for so long.
I carved a spoon this afternoon and was surprised to find it wasn’t a total disaster! Will be doing some more over the next few days.
Cheers Mark!
Simon.IMG_0205.jpegIMG_0208.jpeg

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
After two spoons from the windfall willow I realise that I’ve forgotten most of what I knew about carving and that I need to spend a few hours honing and stropping this weekend before putting the finishing cuts on them.
I’ll be looking back at those old YT how to videos with Barn the Spoon to show me where I went wrong.IMG_0229.jpeg

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks like a spoon, works like a spoon - its a spoon, little bit of fettling here and there and they will spot on.

One thing i always found when i did shows and events, the spoons that sold first were always the ones i used to dislike the most, ie: a bit rough, didnt like the shape etc, but those that i did like, had a nice smooth tooled finish and the like, sat in the box, show after show after show, they were all priced the same too.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE