Biolite Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Hi Windy,
It works very well indeed. As a stove it is hard to fault. It is very powerful, although it does consume a lot of fuel.

In terms of charging ability I have found it to be reliable, although some complain that it doesn't produce huge amounts of energy and so will take quite some time to fully charge higher power smart phones.

This doesn't strike me as a problem though. I perceive its intent as being for a quick battery top up when away from home, not for it to become your primary means of phone charging.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Nice idea but I think you'd be better off with a honey stove and spare batteries (or an external USB battery pack).

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
These work really well with wood pellets (kitty litter!), as do the other forced-air systems. My Vital stove runs about 45 minutes on one filling - depending on whether the fan is on half or full, and whether the damper is in or out. Re the biolite, I think if you buy it primarily for the stove part and look on the charging as a side-benefit which might help keep your phone charged, you'll probably be happy.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
+1 to what Andy said.

I will caution you though, it aint cheap. By the time I had paid shipping, import duties and that "little" slice Parcelforce take for themselves I think the final cost was somewhere around £160.

That is a lot for a wood stove no matter how you slice it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE