Bimble in the Woods with the dog.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Hi ho, hi ho it's off to the woods we go!
Pandora and I went out for the morning today, it was a definitely hot experience and we met quite a few other people on the trail, we normally don't meet anyone! Well, Pan had to stay on the lead for most of the time, but she was still tired out and is lay in her bed, snoring as I type this.

I would probably do this walk again, but most likely would try to get over to the other side of the valley, it just looked really nice and I want to explore there.

Anyway, on to the pics :)

The route:

Good view coming down from the top of the hill.

My new cheap Karrimor pack, it's not too bad and as it was only £12 it's a bargain. The side pockets do hold two 1.5L water bottles and the straps aren't too bad.

Sat down to admire the view from some shade.

Many fluffs! Not quite ready to gather yet.

Yes, it was that HOT!!!

Don't know why this Badger was dead, we weren't near any roads or fields, natural causes?
I was going to try and take the skull, but it wasn't pleasant and it kinda stank to high heaven ;)

You can't really tell from the picture, but this gradient was 18deg. It was a :nutkick:

Getting back to civilisation...

Autumn is coming!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Lovely part of the country up there, used to walk loads along the Hfds/Shropshire border........lovely looking hound you've got with you :-

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Thanks for the story and the pictures, I enjoyed them.

I can imagine the smell of that badger. I once found a badger that was a whole lot less rotten than the one you have there, and that one reeked a lot already. :yuck:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Nice pics there

I think that's the same karrimor pack I bought for my missus to use for work last year
Sorry to say it started falling to bits after a couple of months

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
It was a lovely walk, a bit of a shame about the weather, me being Ginger 😄 but it was a good morning 😁

Sent from the back of beyond.

CRAY

Jul 24, 2014
Canada
not much greater simple pleasure than talking a walk in the country with a trusty companion on a nice summers day!

jealous

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE