Billy Cans.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
As of recent I am a big fan of Billy cans, especially those of the Zebra variety.

I currently have a 14cm pan/pot and also a 12cm billy can.

Has anyone had any experience of "Bulldog Billys"?

And are they still made?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, I love mine. I don't think they are made anymore, but I have seen similar sets on sale at Anchor surplus

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There is a set of Vintage Bulldog Brand Billy cans on Ebay £25.00 (Buy it now) with £3.00 postage

Type in "Vintage Bulldog Brand" into the search bar and you should find them...

Happy hunting !!:)

Just for the record I'm not selling nor do I know the person who is selling these Billy Cans...just being helpful and passing on the details ;-)

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
I know nothing of Bulldog billies but have you replaced the bail arm handle on your Zebra billies with wire yet?

No, not done this yet. But I can see why people do it as they pack up really odd in your pack. But I find that having a sturdy handle means that pouring out the hot contents is easier.

I found those on ebay. The look pretty decent. Much shorter and wider than the Zebra's, more surface area for heating apparently. I only need a single one, and £28 is a bit above my budget.

But thanks for finding them anyway. :)

No, not done this yet. But I can see why people do it as they pack up really odd in your pack. But I find that having a sturdy handle means that pouring out the hot contents is easier.

I found those on ebay. The look pretty decent. Much shorter and wider than the Zebra's, more surface area for heating apparently. I only need a single one, and £28 is a bit above my budget.

But thanks for finding them anyway. :)

I plan on doing this mod to my 10cm billy pretty soon as I have my cook kit entirely contained in a maxpedition 12x5 water bottle bag. The handle just take up too much room. Just use a pot holder like the one found here http://www.mec.ca/product/4008-952/msr-panhandler-potlifter/?f=10&q=pot%2Bholder. I've even seen people cut these down to about half the length, but I left mine full length to avoid burning fingers. Much less awkward then the billy pot handle to pack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE