Billy can deals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
We're gonna have a few days camping at Debden House over the bank holiday weekend and we want to take just basic cooking kit with us(no gas or bbqs,cooking over wood) ive got a couple of large pots but i need a set of billy cans. Are the ones from Ronnie Sunshines(£12.99) a good deal?

Cheers
Tel

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
They look like a very fair deal but I have some points for you to think about.

1. Do you need so many pans? With the two you have already plus this set, you'll have eight!

2. Is weight an issue? If it isn't, then I'd go for something in stainless, preferably with thicker bottoms, probably a bit bigger in the frying pan department. Small frying pans are a bit of a compromise, for those who are e.g. backpacking.

3. Bigger handles might be less problematic over an open fire, and/or you might want to take some leather gardening gloves and/or a Leatherman or something with a pair of pliers to lift hot pots with even hotter handles. Use care or lose your dinner! Hinged handles can sometimes be a little bit scary but you can get used to using them safely.

4. Is space an issue and do you like fried food? If it isn't, and you do, take a big non-stick frying pan (and a tool such as a slice or spatula that won't damage it), lots of sausages, bacon...

4a. ...do you like fried bread? :)

5. You might want to take a big plastic bowl + washing up liquid for washing all those pans! Non-stick is soooooo much easier to clean (I usually just rinse with water), but not everyone likes it.

Sorry if you're counting the Calories. I only count them to make sure I'm getting enough. :)

Enjoy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE