Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
wish i'd know that... so far i have not found any further informations...

I did a bit more digging and this seemed the most credible source I could find...

Two Japanese Soldiers on Mindanao
A report in early May 2005 talked about two former Japanese Army soldiers found on Mindanao
Reportedly, their names were Yoshio Yamakawa, 87, from Osaka, and Tsuzuki Nakauchi, 85.

Doubts rise over Japanese WWII 'soldiers'
From the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)

Japanese officials were studying new information to confirm whether two elderly men in the southern Philippines were soldiers left over from World War II, but suspicion was rising of a hoax or a trap set by kidnappers. The story of former Japanese soldiers ready to emerge from the mountains 60 years after the war has attracted a horde of media, mostly from Japan, to the city of General Santos on the troubled island of Mindanao. On the third day of waiting for a Japanese contact to produce the two men, Shuhei Ogawa, the embassy spokesman, said officials had sent information from several sources, including the Philippine government, to Tokyo for analysis. "We have a clearer picture now. That means it's easier to make a decision whether to proceed or not," he told reporters. Japanese officials met the Japanese contact - a trader who only gave his name as Asano, on Sunday, he said. Mr Ogawa said he had been told to wait in General Santos for instructions from Tokyo. He did not give details of the information or say whether it confirmed that the two men were the first cases in 30 years of wartime stragglers being found. Scepticism began to grow three days after the stragglers' story broke in Japan's media, because there has been no credible proof the two elderly men exist. Media named the pair as Yoshio Yamakawa, 87, from the western city of Osaka, and Tsuzuki Nakauchi, 85. The last known Japanese straggler from the war was found in 1975 in Indonesia.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Get Well Soon Pa!
I saw else where on the internet that you've not been a well puppy the last few days Biker, so get well soon.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I see Kribe's gout, malaria and beriberi have cleared up and that he's back storming the bastions of the threads again.:eek:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I've noticed the level in the formaldehyde bottle has dropped again too.....

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I'd have returned sooner but you know how much pa hates being alone in the cellar :(

On the plus side, the cosmetic surgery seems to have taken this time. I don't know who this Lady Gaga is though so I can't say how good the resemblance actually is.....

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
We'll see if this works? Been unable to post on this thread for about a week now, trying it through Taptalk.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Knock once for yes, twice for no.

Knock, knock!

Or thrice if I'm Sheldon. I hear you Uncle Kelly!

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE