Big Guy Hammock Advice - beginner...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Folks...

I am thinking about getting a hammock, this will be my first one and I have zero experience of hanging. I have browsed the threads on here, but am hoping for some further advice recommendations....

I am a big guy (F602/23 stone), and am a bit confused as to what to buy. I have looked at DD hammocks, but they have now made they're safe weight limit 125kg down from £150. I know there are some well built guys on here that have been using them without issue, but I am unwilling to buy one when it goes against what they are recommending...

Thoughts and ideas please?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Get yourself a Tenth Wonder xl hammock, I'm a big fella and zero issues after 3 years of regular use. Thinking of upgrading to the super XL for the extra comfort.
I also have a TW green hornet which is excellent and again no issues, doesn't see as much use as I prefer not having the mozzie net if possible.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Enjoydeal Outdoor Traveling Camping Parachute Nylon Fabric Hammock (Blue&Grey) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J7L9HXE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5Z8WvbW749PH0
That's the one I recommend and can tell you categorically from first hand experience that will hold you no bother at all. I'm about your weight and have spent many a comfortable night in that + kit and gets used during the day as a seat by me and another person and he's no flyweight either! I'm about 6'2 6'3 and is plenty long enough for me too. Even the ties it comes with are like a blue static utility rope and krabs supplied will hold you fine. I was a little concerned sitting in it first time but now I'll plonk my **** down confidently every time

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE