BG New Stuff Vids..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hate to admit it, the parang is something I have to try out..

[video=youtube;o48nlGGvj5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o48nlGGvj5k[/video]

Knife, not my thing, but looks capable...

[video=youtube;z5ENcGXh548]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ENcGXh548&feature=related[/video]

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I like the parang, and for the price, it's going on my list. The knife looks quite well thought out for all the Bearnannigans it'll be used for. I take back all the rolling eye smileys I gave it originally.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I like the look of both of them.
Assuming I can get to the Moot next year, I might buy them and bring them especially
:D
The knife looks very sturdy, thicker blade than I was expecting, the horizontal carry sheath is interesting too.
The parang looks good too.
They seem like decent tools for the price.
The parang could almost certainly be rehandled fairly easily.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The knife will go on sale in October. The rest will be available next February when the new series airs. I should imagine that most stockist like Heinnies will have them as they will sell like hot cakes.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I still thinkt that I would not touch one of those with a novelty sized barge pole. The parang looks capable but the aesthetics make my eyes bleed. The knife is not so bad, but I know from experience that gerber serrations are shocking, and I am suprised they have not learnt from the number of requests to make a LMF II without the serrations. I will not buy either of those untill the action man logo is removed.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Anybody got one yet :) Come on fess up.

I was having a look around but not seen them on sale yet.

I had a play with the knife a few months ago and it didn't feel too bad, a bit gimicky but it felt solid enough.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Anybody got one yet :) Come on fess up.

I was having a look around but not seen them on sale yet.

I had a play with the knife a few months ago and it didn't feel too bad, a bit gimicky but it felt solid enough.

Been released in the States but doesn't look like they've hit our shores yet.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
That's because the UK importers aren't getting them in until spring for "CE marking reasons".
Which sounds like a load of old cobblers to me. I've looked at all the blades I sell and own and not seen a single solitary CE mark on any.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
The parang thingie look to have some possible purpose, I am going to order one and give it a go. They are supposed to go on sale in the USA in the spring, for less than $30. Sounds fair. I hope to have it in time for a course I signed onto in Utah, 2011, I will give it a good workout.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE