Better alternatives?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hey all,

I'm on the brink of buying one of these:

http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=905

they're nice and cheap but I don't like that the foot end is low, I would rather a frame tent shape with giant U shaped zip so it's good for a right-hander like me.

i know ookworks could do it but they are so expensive, anyone seen a decent solo net with built in ground sheet that can hang under a tarp and not cost the earth?

it must meet those criteria but I'm open to the idea that such a thing might not exist.

cheers,
joe

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
keep meaning to knock one of these up

[video=youtube;pneD0wu8O3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneD0wu8O3w&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Looks decent but I like the Ridge tent design because I can suspend it under my tarp and not need any poles at all. Should have said.

Don't use the poles then. I tied mine out to an internal ridgeline and front edge of tarp:

mysetup7.jpg

mysetup2.jpg

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
That's exactly the shape I'm after but I want a solo one and the entrance on the 2 man one is at the end, I wanted something I could open the large area of while I set up/take down and in the mornings when I make a brew.

if you think of the other companies, that would be really appreciated.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No probs mate, I have the PyraNet which is very well made, I picked it up on OM to use in my Trailstar but haven't needed it yet.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I don't use one but thanks a million for posting as your post has given me ideas about moddifying my tent. How things come in useful.

My ideas on the net are its too constricting. Not enough in height or width.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE